Sunday, March 15, 2009

Seacoast Church

I have been trying to find a church for Mason and I to start going to. I had heard about Seacoast from a lot of different people. Today I went, my Mom was watching Mason, so I thought it would be good for me to check out the nursery and everything first anyway. Because I am totally picky about who watches him!!
I went by myself, and was greeted by such happy and positive people who were so eager to help me, and show me around the church! I did see some familiar faces, but no one I really "know". The nursery was amazing, and I think it might take me a little bit to get to know the people that work in there before I just leave Mason in there! (Not that they didn't seem very sweet and nice.)
So, I found a seat, and when the pastor told everyone to turn to someone and greet them, my friend Ashley Blocker, Milner now, she just got married, found me and gave me a great big hug and asked me to join her and her husband and sit and worship with them! I was so happy to see her, (My Nana taught her piano since she was 5 years old.)
The message today was wonderful, and about compassion, and seeing people beyond what they are....Seeing them for what they might be going through, is causing them to act a certain way. Which, is right down my alley! I really enjoyed the service!
My ex boyfriend from forever ago, his Mother attends there, and is very sweet and has been through so much. After the service, she knows my story, and what I have been going through, she gathered some of her friends, and they all stood and held my hands and prayed for Mason and I..of course, I was in tears... My faith is slowly starting to be repaired..and I am glad..I did see someone today that I really didn't want to see after church, but I tried to feel humble, instead of hatred...and I think it helped to pray too. I will definetly be going back next Sunday! If anyone else is looking for a new church, come join Mason and I next week! It is contemporary though :)

3 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    Glad you liked it! I'm one of the pastors and I came across your post. Which campus did you attend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I went to the Irmo Campus off of St. Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!! I'm so glad you liked it!! Jeff Kinney, the pastor, used to be the worship pastor at East Lake. I was his secetary when he was there. I love him and his family! That is also an awesome church. Keep going girlie, and I'm proud of you! Keep me updated on your little man.

    ReplyDelete